In limbo: "in an indefinite state; on hold....bordering hell" aka the infertility roller coaster and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Baby Boom
I met with my "group" pals tonite, one of them nicknamed it "glee club" which I found funny. We no longer formally meet at the hospital on a regular basis because sometimes new people would attend and their experiences were quite raw so it was hard for us to tell them it would all be better. Plus, more than half of our group is now pregnant or just had a baby so it is hard to be visibly pregnant around women who have just lost their babies. It's also easier for us (at least me) to laugh and carry conversations on non-baby loss topics outside the formal setting. I have to say I feel so happy for them after all they have been through even though of course I would love to have that bump too. We can still talk about OBs, carseats, and other normal things new and expecting mom's talk about, but also about their fear, anxiety, post-poning pregnancy announcements, and of course no pre-baby shower planning. They also provide the same sensitivity to the rest of us non-preggers regardless of their news and ask us sincerely how we are doing. No avoidance of asking/ fear of upsetting someone but respectful if someone doesn't wish to divulge that day. Different than some other forums I've been in. Gotta love these gals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment