At our fertility clinic, there are two main rooms - The Room of Hope and The Room of Dread.
The Room of Hope is where you get your egg retrieval and embryo transfers.
The Room of Dread is where you get your fetal ultrasounds once you are confirmed as pregnant. The first time in there during my first pregnancy I had a nervous excitement. But upon my first scan, my doctor was cautiously optimistic saying the growth is a bit behind as they only want to see a three day difference at this stage. I hate that room because not once have I ever had any super certain positive news. Sometimes I have to go in for diagnostic scans of my uterine lining and I still have that dreaded fear from all the bad memories. My doctor picked up on that and said I'm going to like this room one day.
We were recently back in the Room of Hope to transfer our final two frozen embryos. We never received any bad news in that room so far as it is actually quite the opposite. We get amazing news - beautiful uterus! 19 eggs! 14 high quality embryos at day 5! 98% successful thawing of the embryos! We should be the poster couple for that room. Plus I'm always distracted anyway trying to control my full bladder.
So the roller coaster continues....if I get pregnant that is great news, but only step one as we have to go back to the Room of Dread.
No comments:
Post a Comment